Frequently Asked Questions
How to Telepod
1) What's the rate like?
It's an affordable $0.09 per minute! That makes it $5.40 per hour.
A 10 minutes ($1 Telepod Credits) worth of free scooting time is given to all new users.
There will be payment of a $49 for a refundable Deposit as well. See below for details.
2) Why do I have to make payments for the Deposit and Telepod Credits?
The $49 refundable Deposit amount is to ensure responsible usage for our scooters and during the service.
The Telepod Credits will be used to deduct charges per minute your your trips.
A user will not be eligible for a Deposit refund should they:
- have a negative Telepod Credit balance*
- the user is found to abuse Telepod's service
- the user is found to abuse Telepod scooters
*A user may request to offset the negative Telepod Credit balance by using their Deposit amount to absorb the cost upon requesting for refund.
3) How do I make the Deposit payment?
You can make your Deposit payment through the app’s wallet page, using your credit card details.
4) How do I top-up Telepod Credits?
You can top up Telepod Credits through the app’s wallet page, using your credit card details.
When your Telepod Credits fall below $0.00 during your telepod trip, it will become negative and you will not be able to refund your $49 deposit until you top-up the credits to above $0.00 again.
Note that Telepod Credits are not refundable.
5) How do I get back the Deposit?
Head to the Wallet page and tap on the icon next to Deposit to get started.
6) How long does it take to refund the Deposit?
Depending on your bank, the total duration will take up to 2 to 3 working weeks.
1) Can I book more than one Telepod scooter with one account?
You are only able to book one Telepod scooter per Telepod account.
1) What if I'd like to book I book more than a Telepod scooter with one device?
You are only able to book one Telepod scooter per device.
2) What happens if the Telepod scooter runs out of battery in mid-trip?
You can return the scooter by kick-scooting it back to the nearest Telepod station to you.
Using an e-scooter
How do I operate the scooter?
- Press and hold the power button on the trigger module to switch scooter on.
- Kickstart the scooter before accelerating.
- Gently pull the trigger on the right of the handlebar to gradually accelerate.
- Brake using the lever on the left of the handlebar. Do be mindful to brake in an advance in order to avoid potential injuries.
Ending the trip
1) How do I end my trip at the Telepod station?
You have to park your e-scooter back at any PODs in order to scan the QR code on the station standee (not the QR code on the scooter) and end your telepod trip.
2) Can I end my trip at another Telepod station different from my drop-off Telepod station?
You can end your trip by simply scanning the QR code on any Telepod station standee/decal regardless of which drop-off station you chose at first.
3) I can't end the trip at the station.
Ensure that your phone is not held too close to the QR code on the telepod station standee. If an error message appears while scanning the QR code, dial the hotline for assistance.
Ensure that your WiFi is off to have a smoother drop-off experience.
4) The station is too dark and I cannot scan the QR code on the standee. What should I do?
There is a torchlight function that you can press in the QR code scanning interface. If your phone does not have a torch-light, dial the hotline for assistance to end your telepod trip.
5) I can't locate the Telepod station!
Refer to the directions provided on the website. If you are still unable to locate the station, dial the hotline for assistance.
If you're in a hurry, ensure that the scooter that you booked is near the station that you'd like to end, and send us a screenshot of it via Facebook Messenger or on our upcoming in-app chat.
Ensure that the scooter is well-lit and that it can be seen with recognisable surroundings/landmarks.
Telepod's safety guidelines
DO NOT scoot on the road. Scooting on the road is not compliant with LTA rules and regulations.
DO NOT attempt to adjust settings on the dashboard of the e-scooter or any other parts of the e-scooter.
DO NOT scoot at a speed higher than you are comfortable with; slow down on slippery ground.
DO NOT approach pedestrians at a high speed.
DO NOT park the e-scooters anywhere else other than at Telepod stations.
DO NOT scoot in heavy rain, for safety reasons and for the longevity of Telepod scooters.
DO NOT attempt to use telepod e-scooters without booking it through the app. Removing Telepod scooters from the station without booking constitutes theft.