Frequently Asked Questions
How to Telepod
1) What's the rate like?
It's an affordable $0.09 per minute! That makes it $5.40 per hour.
A 10 minutes ($1 Telepod Credits) worth of free scooting time is given to all new users.
There will be payment of a $49 for a refundable Deposit as well. See below for details.
2) Why do I have to make payments for the Deposit and Telepod Credits?
The $49 refundable Deposit amount is to ensure responsible usage for our scooters and during the service.
The Telepod Credits will be used to deduct charges per minute on your trips.
A user will not be eligible for a Deposit refund should they:
- Have a negative Telepod Credit balance*
- Are found abusing/abused Telepod's service
- Are found abusing/abused Telepod scooters
*A user may request to offset the negative Telepod Credit balance by using their Deposit amount to absorb the cost upon requesting for refund. Please seek assistance through in-app chat or Facebook Messenger.
3) How do I make the Deposit payment?
You can make your Deposit payment through the app’s wallet page, using your credit/debit card details.
4) How do I top-up Telepod Credits?
You can top up Telepod Credits through the app’s wallet page, using your credit/debit card details.
Note that Telepod Credits are non-refundable. Please contact support should you require further assistance.
5) How do I get back the Deposit?
Head to the Wallet > Deposit > Request for Deposit to get started.
Do note that having negative Telepod credit balance will delay your Deposit refund process. See 2) for support details.
6) How do you process the Deposit request?
Upon requesting for the refund, our payment gateway automagically process with your bank in order to offer you an ease of mind. We do not store your credit information.
7) Will you do something nefarious with my Deposit amount?
We value your trust and as a fledging startup, that means a lot to us. We believe in transparency at all touchpoint of our business. We work hard to ensure our relationship with you are kept wholesome.
Your deposit is and has always been yours. Whenever you're done with our service, it will be returned to you.
7) How long does it take to refund the Deposit?
Depending on your bank, the total duration will take up to 2 to 3 working weeks.
1) Can I book more than one Telepod scooter with one account?
You are only able to book one Telepod scooter per Telepod account via the app.
2) What if I'd like to book more than one scooter?
You may reach out to us via our in-app chat or Facebook Messenger.
3) What happens if the Telepod scooter runs out of battery in mid-trip?
You can return the scooter by kick-scooting it back to the nearest yellow demarcation or designated bicycle stands, and end your trip there.
Using an e-scooter
How do I operate the scooter?
- Press and hold the power button on the trigger module to switch scooter on.
- Kickstart the scooter before accelerating.
- Gently pull the trigger on the right of the handlebar to gradually accelerate.
- Brake using the lever on the left of the handlebar. Do be mindful to brake in an advance in order to avoid potential injuries.
Ending the trip
1) How do I end my trip?
You are required to park your e-scooter back at any yellow demarcated or designated bicycle stands in order to end your trip. Scan the scooter QR you're holding to end your trip via the app.
2) I can't end my trip!
No worries! Ensure that your:
- WiFi is switched off to have a smoother end trip experience.
- Mobile data is switched on.
- Phone is not held too close to the QR code.
- Have allowed for the camera permission.
If you're finding difficulties in starting or ending your trips, do reach to us via in-app chat or via our Facebook Messenger.
3) The station is too dark and I cannot scan the QR code. What should I do?
There is a torchlight function that you can press in the QR code scanning interface. If your phone does not have a torch-light, dial the hotline for assistance to end your telepod trip.
4) I can't locate the Telepod station/scooter!
If you are still unable to locate the station/scooter, reach to us via in-app chat or via our Facebook Messenger.
If you're in a hurry, ensure that the scooter that you booked is near the station that you'd like to end, and send us a screenshot of it via in-app chat.
Ensure that the scooter is well-lit and that it can be seen with recognisable surroundings/landmarks.
Telepod's safety guidelines
DO NOT scoot on the road. Scooting on the road is not compliant with LTA rules and regulations.
DO NOT attempt to adjust settings on the dashboard of the e-scooter or any other parts of the e-scooter.
DO NOT scoot at a speed higher than you are comfortable with; slow down on slippery ground.
DO NOT approach pedestrians at a high speed.
DO NOT park the anywhere but yellow demarcations or bicycle stands, and/or at Telepod stations.
DO NOT scoot in heavy rain, for safety reasons and for the longevity of Telepod scooters.
DO NOT attempt to use telepod e-scooters without booking it through the app. Removing Telepod scooters from the station without booking constitutes theft.